Club Delica Forum Index Club Delica
Your Favourite Site For All things Delica and then some.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MPG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: MPG Reply with quote

Hi folks, reading all your stuff with great interest as I'm currently weighing up the pro's & con's of owning a Delica Confused - didn't realise there were so many variations.

Keen on a L400 (I think - the one with the 'ole in the bonnet), but shocked to see mpg quoted at 20-25 shock
I've seen there are a few manual versions of the 2.8td around - not a big auto fan - would these be anymore economical Question

Great site, joining will be on my "to do" list if I get one.
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: MPG Reply with quote

Sorry folks, forgot to mention the name's Andy.
Didn't intend to be anonymous, just put it down to getting older Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy, get signed up to the club, then you will have 2 more sections that are for members only - its free and worth it.

As far as im aware the manuals are not much more economical - these weigh just under 2 tonne so are big ole beast to lug around.

if you want to see one on the flesh, drive one etc, let us know your location and we can try and arrange something,

The l400 is best (i would say that!!) in my eyes as its newer, seems bigger and is lovely!! (again i know some will disagree) there are lots of permitations and you really need to establish what you want in it - curtains, chrome, etc and buy it with that as certain extras are hard to find.

If you wanna chat about the Delica - give me a bell 07710834175
Mr Bushy
Just arrived
Just arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines a 1995 L400 5 speed manual. I have been watching closely because I've only had it a couple of months and I have been averaging 25-29. With the price of diesel I have been driving steady, not more than 70. I have had the EGR plate done. its done about 40k miles.
Hope that helps
Mr Bushy
Kevin
Just arrived
Just arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we took my L400 to the south of France and back and was getting 19mpg.
i have done the ERG and feel that she has gotten better
Beware my power "GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, how long did it take to South of France? Did you go on the autoroutes? - what class was you?

The Reason i ask is that im off to Aix en Provance next week with mine for 2 weeks camping - Ive assumed about £50 each way for tolls? and about 12 hrs from Calais to Aix?
tiggerchris
Just arrived
Just arrived

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , To get back to the original question.......MPG ?...........
I have had an L400 2.8td auto for a year and have just helped my daughter buy the same model a few weeks ago. So I can speak from experience and from trawling the internet sites.
MPG can range from 18 to 32 !
A lot is down to how you drive and what road conditions. If I drive mine stop start in town and in a hurry I get about 20 ! but , if I concentrate on anticipating traffic to avoid slowing this 2 ton beauty and therfore losing momentum I can get 25 ish !
On a recent trip from Yorkshire down across the channel into France with a week touring the west coast I averaged 30+ ! , even reaching 80/90 mph on the autoroutes many times.
I suggest anyone with a Delica can improve their MPG significantly by doing the following......
Regular servicing with fuel and oil filter changes. Injector cleaner every so often in the fuel tank. Fit an easy breathing Air filter like the Unifilter lifelong foam one from Millis Performance Cars (cheaper than an original and much better). Tyre pressures at maximum recommended.
Drive like you have sore right foot ! The killer for poor MPG is hard accellerating and hard braking. Especially so because of the Delica's weight.
Hope this helps , I know o lot is common sense but the combination and resisting the temptation to use that turbo accelleration will make a BIG difference.
chamonixstu
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the useful information in your post and Welcome to the Club!

Hope to see you at one of our many meets soon.

All the best for now.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Proud to be part of THE UK's ONLY AWARD WINNING DELICA CLUB

Help me to be the kind of person my dogs think I am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Club Delica Forum Index -> Buying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: